Sunday, October 23, 2016

Why I left the church; or: It's not you, it's me, except that it's a lot you

For whatever reason, for whatever it is worth, I feel compelled to put these things down. I get the feeling that many others have had similar feelings.
  • I can no longer adhere to, believe, or go along with the many man-made doctrines which are un-biblical. This includes the doctrine of the trinity, replacement theology, the baptism of infants (which I never believed in), or the authority of the "church".
  • I can no longer worship under or near the symbol of the Chi Rho. Too many have suffered at the hands of those who have worn it. I'm also ambivalent about the symbol of the cross, and no longer wear it or have it in our home.
  • I can no longer think of myself as a Christian, in so far as I no longer believe that Jesus/Yeshua came to set up a different religion. And in so far as the so-called church (anglo catholic and roman catholic) have strayed so far in interpretation and practice from the Word that identifying as a christian is anathema to me.


To continue reading, please download my book Turn to HIM for FREE.